During Covid lockdown, a lot of folks started small businesses and trademarks began getting filed in record numbers this year! The timeline for applying for a trademark is getting longer due to this sudden influx, so we figured now would be a good time to go over the timeline you can expect when filing.
In this episode, we cover:
- Trademark search – scouring through databases to see if your trademark is available and able to be trademarked.
- Filing the trademark – putting in the paperwork with the US Patent and Trademark Office
- This step used to take 6 months, now it’s taking close to 10 months!
- Reply to Technical Office Actions for your application.
- Reply to Substantive Office Actions for your application. You have 6 months.
- Approval, Publication in Trademark Registry
Sign up now for the 5-day Legalpreneur Challenge for only $19! Starting December 6th, join our community of small business owners for a week-long interactive session to build the legal framework for your business!
Would you like to help spread the word about our 5-day Legalpreneur Challenge with an affiliate code and earn $10 for each person who signs up? Email my affiliate manager [email protected] or slide into my DMs on Instagram!
Take a screenshot of this episode, add it to your Instagram Stories, tag @andreasagerlaw and let me know! Plus, follow our brand new IG, @legalpreneur! Send me an email at [email protected] for more information!
Do YOU want to apply to be part of the Legalpreneur Affiliate Program? Go to www.TheLegalpreneur.com and click on the Affiliate Program link at the bottom of the page!
The Legalpreneur Podcast is advertising/marketing material. It is not legal advice. Please consult with your attorney on these topics. Copyright Andrea Sager Law 2021